Saturday, September 30, 2006

MIKE TYSON WORLD TOUR?


Former two-time heavyweight champ Mike Tyson admitted the reason for launching "Mike Tyson's World Tour," a series of four-round exhibitions bouts, is that he needs the money and thinks it will help him feel better about himself.
Tyson, who had ring earnings of more than $300 million, is bankrupt and has a long list of creditors to pay.
"If I don't get out of this financial quagmire there's a possibility I may have to be a punching bag for somebody," Tyson said Thursday at a news conference in Youngstown, Ohio. "The money I make here isn't going to help any of my bills really from a tremendous standpoint, but I'm going to feel better about myself. I'm not going to be depressed."
Tyson was at the 6,000-seat Chevrolet Centre to announce an Oct. 20 exhibition bout against former sparring partner Corey "T-Rex" Sanders. The exhibition will be part of a pay-per-view card that will include other officially sanctioned fights.
"Hopefully, he's gentle and kind to me," Tyson joked. "Whatever happens, happens. If he starts winging, I'm going to start winging."

No comments: